The Daxue Road Library, located at 102 Daxue Road, Hangzhou and covering an area of 11,420 square meters, consists of a reading building (south building), a loan building (north building), an office building, and several bungalows.
It was officially opened on September 15, 1932 and designated as the main library. After the outbreak of the Anti-Japanese War in 1937, Hangzhou fell and the Daxue Road Library was occupied by invading Japanese troops as a barrack. It was designated as the main library again in1965.
In August 1997, the building was announced as a provincial key cultural relics protection unit by the Provincial People's Government, and then a national key cultural relics protection unit by the State Council in October 2019.